The Vietnam War
An Intimate History
X, 826 Seiten; 195 mm x 126 mm
2019 Random House UK Ltd
"Stunning ... the best single-volume history of the war" Mark Bowden, bestselling author of BLACK HAWK DOWN
The New York Times Bestseller
The book of the landmark documentary, The Vietnam War, by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick
The definitive work on the Vietnam War, the conflict that came to define a generation, told from all sides by those who were there.
More than forty years after the Vietnam War ended, its legacy continues to fascinate, horrify and inform us. As the first war to be fought in front of TV cameras and beamed around the world, it has been immortalised on film and on the page, and forever changed the way we think about war.
Drawing on hundreds of brand new interviews, Ken Burns and Geoffrey C. Ward have created the definitive work on Vietnam. It is the first book to show us the war from every perspective: from idealistic US Marines and the families they left behind to the Vietnamese civilians, both North and South, whose homeland was changed for ever; politicians, POWs and anti-war protesters; and the photographers and journalists who risked their lives to tell the truth. The book sends us into the grit and chaos of combat, while also expertly outlining the complex chain of political events that led America to Vietnam.
Beautifully written, this essential work tells the full story without taking sides and reminds us that there is no single truth in war. It is set to redefine our understanding of a brutal conflict, to launch provocative new debates and to shed fresh light on the price paid in 'blood and bone' by Vietnamese and Americans alike.
Biografische Anmerkung zu den Verfassern
Geoffrey C Ward (Author)
GEOFFREY C. WARD is the author of nineteen books, including A First-Class Temperament: The Emergence of Franklin Roosevelt, which won the NBCC Award, the Francis Parkman Prize and was a finalist for the Pulitzer.
Ken Burns (Author)
KEN BURNS is the legendary producer and director of numerous film series. His landmark film The Civil War was the highest-rated series in the history of American public television. His work has won numerous prizes, including the Emmy and Peabody Awards, and a nomination for an Academy Award.
- The Vietnam War PBS documentary film Ken Burns Lyn
- American history john Kerry john mccain henry Kiss
- jane fonda bbc 4 four Geoffrey c ward president jo
- Richard Nixon Lyndon b Johnson tim o brien the thi
- modern warfare guerrilla war the best and the brig
- Wallace terry born on the fourth of july ron kovic
- dereliction of duty mcmaster embers of war Fredrik
- henry Kissinger hue 1968 mark Bowden a rumor of wa
- francis ford coppola full metal jacket Stanley Kub
- hue 1968 mark bowden dispatches michael herr thing
- Asien / Geschichte
- Englische Bücher / Geschichte, Kulturgeschichte, Zeitgeschichte
- Siebziger Jahre
- USA / Politik, Zeitgeschichte, Recht
- Vietnam - Vietnamesisch
- USA / Geschichte (bis 1945)
- The Vietnam War PBS documentary film Ken Burns Lynn Novick oral history us usa; American history john Kerry john mccain henry Kissinger niall ferguson epic tragedy; jane fonda bbc 4 four Geoffrey c ward president john f kennedy jfk low level hell; Richard Nixon Lyndon b Johnson tim o brien the things they carried Michael herr ministry of ungentlemanly warfare; modern warfare guerrilla war the best and the brightest david halberstam bloods; Wallace terry born on the fourth of july ron kovic a bright shining lie neil Sheehan 1945-1975 max hastings; dereliction of duty mcmaster embers of war Fredrik logevall fathers father's day; henry Kissinger hue 1968 mark Bowden a rumor of war apocalypse no